I'm doing a little check in of just some of the quilts I'm working on.
I am working on a quilt using the Diamond Tread pattern for my daughter's teacher's end of year gift. I made the centre panel and then attached one of the sides and discovered that I had accidently mixed up my Kona Shadow and Kona Silver. Yikes. It had to be pulled off (the border) and I went to make new borders (they are huge: 12" wide and 26" wide) and discovered I was short 1 yard of Kona Shadow, the colour I actually need. Sigh. I've placed an order and I'm waiting for it to arrive.
|On the left: Kona Silver. On the right (in the HSTs): Kona Shadow.|
|Here is the Silver and Shadow side by side. You can see why I made the mistake under overhead lights!|
I've also been working on a Corn Rows quilt for my goddaughter. Her mom picked the fabric. I had 98 HSTs to trim, so I spent a Friday night watching Netflix and carefully trimming.
|The pattern called for quite over-sized HSTs so the trimmings were also quite large.|
|Also had lots of pressing to do...|
|And chain piecing.|
|These snails, snakes and bugs in jars are super cute!|