Monday 7 October 2013

Slow and Steady

I have been sneaking in a wee bit of sewing. I am working on the two Tagged quilts I am making using Allison Harris' pattern (of Cluck Cluck Sew).

I turned this:
Kona white and Kona Tomato
Into these:
A clever trick!
The initial layout calls for placing the vertical sashing first. All those verticals will be filled in with more white and tomato.

Boy Twin colourway

Girl Twin colourway
Now I need to get those rows finished so I can put the darn thing together.

Also, Pink Castle fabrics (my go-to online quilt store) had a big sale. I tried to show restraint. Honestly, I did. This is the least I could purchase:
I am loving the feather print by Alison Glass. Plus one of the text print in indigo. And more of my favourite print from Bonnie and Camille's last line. And some Wonderclips to try for binding.
I definitely need to incorporate some of that Alison Glass fabric into baby's rainbow nursery wall hanging quilt.

But no time to elaborate and dream! I need to actually sew!

Wish me luck finishing those twin quilts soon...they are almost ten days old already!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment