Wednesday 19 August 2015

Stars in My Eyes

Stars, stars and more stars. Using the Wonky Star tutorial from Owen's Olivia and a stack of Wee Wander from my stash, I've been plugging away at the baby quilts for twin girls due in the early fall to a co-worker.
I would lay out a star (having pre-made all the points) and then square by square sew them together. 
I totally love the result of the stars and the white background but it wasn't wide enough for my liking so I've since added (white) borders.
Fussy cutting some of the centres of the stars was so worth it.
When I got to work figuring out the layout of the warm version of the quilt I realized that somewhere my math had failed me (again!) and I was a block short.
Oops! How did that happen?

My youngest daughter was "helping." She thinks that blocks or fabric on the floor means she should lie down on it. Adorable? Yes. Helpful? Not so much.

I now have the borders on and I've moved on to piecing the back. I want to do it all from stash and ideally with lots of scraps. I liked the way it looked on Jungle Flame, so I'm going for it. This also allows me to use the tiny fat eighth of the panel for Wee Wander on each quilt.

This is the chaos on my quilting room floor:

All these bits to piece together to make the quilt top. Wild and crazy and I love it!

And can I pause to share this new favourite addition to my quilting room? A gigantic glass jar that now holds all my selvedges!
Happy to look at!
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Are you piecing the back to muslin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling darling darling! Especially your little helper. I love that the back will be almost as fun as the front. This is going to be such a great finish. Can hardly wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. Good luck with the back. I'm sure your helper had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your choice of colours is so beautiful!
    frankie
    http://www.knitwits-owls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fussy cut centres. I agree... totally worth it. That Wee Wander has called to me forever. I wish I had a reason to buy some! And your "helper" is adorable. I'm getting in the car to drive over and steal that selvage jar. Be ready.

    ReplyDelete