Monday 27 February 2017

Winter Blues? Go on a Shop Hop!

Due to the cyclical nature of my job (I'm a secondary school teacher) we have a fresh start at the beginning of Semester Two when we meet all new students and, in my case, teach all new courses as well. In many ways it is a fabulous refresh but it is also exhausting, paired with downright miserable grey weather that isn't going anywhere (winter lasts soooooo long!).

Enter a shop hop/ travelling quilt exchange/ lunch with friends! C and A and I agreed on a little shop hop to check out a new bricks-and-mortar store for an online store we all knew of, Fabric Spark.

Fabric Spark was having a birthday celebration!
 Fabric Spark is a bricks-and-mortar new shop from a combination of two online stores. It was cute but it was a long drive.
Bright, open shelves and pretty modern fabrics.
We then ventured on over to Ewe Knit in their "new" location which I have not yet been to. 
Their storefront is lovely.

The inside is even more lovely!
I really enjoyed the vibe, size and selection here at Ewe Knit. I bought a few fabrics and C bought a TON of embroidery floss. 

Then we decided to pop over to The Workroom.
This is the most "downtown" of the stores and also the most expensive.
I was able to score something lovely while at The Workroom, plus C was able to sign up for an EPP class she is going to take in March.

Here was my haul from the day:
Aren't they all just super yummy? That orange and yellow were a result of C challenging me to get something that wasn't green or blue or teal. That was hard. That background Alison Glass will be the backing of my #QBtravellingquilt.
The day was super awesome, but it took way to long to blog about it. Some of these have already been cut and put into action for WIPs!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. Awesome haul of fabric. If I went shopping every time I had the winter blues, I'd be shopping daily. LOL

    ReplyDelete