Tuesday 19 June 2018

Alpine Company: A Finished Quilt

A man at work is expecting his second child, a little boy, this coming July. I have no idea what the nursery colours are and didn't have a lot of time so I went with my go-to baby quilt pattern. I started with these adorable black bears on a cream background and then built a white, black, grey and gold quilt around them. I have to tell you, I LOVE this quilt, so if the new owner isn't a fan I will gladly keep it for myself!

Here is Alpine Company:

The polka dot binding makes me giggle. I had a bit of the Nummer fabric from Ikea left in my stash and decided this was a great, modern choice for this modern quilt.

The overall impact is so cute.

Those black and white mountains had me giggling in delight. I don't even remember how or when they ended up in my stash!

A strip of bears brought the backing up to size.
This will be gifted to my co-worker next week. I hope his new bundle of joy enjoys it!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's adorable. But boy do you have a lot of babies in your life LOL

    ReplyDelete