Of course on top of all those goals I didn't meet I did manage to complete 18 quilts total. Not too shabby!
So here is the plan for 2016.
1. Complete a charity quilt, one for a Syrian refugee new to Toronto, as arranged by @happysewlucky from Instagram. Quilty friend A saw I was working on this and is donating batting and the backing to the cause. Hooray for quilty love!
TACKLE THOSE WIPs!
I am not one to have a lot of WIPs but this year it is out of control. I want to tackle them before I start new ones, but with babies on the way in March that is not likely.
So, I need to finish:
1. I-Spy Quilt
2. Sugar Block Club from 2013, I think it was?
3. My Aviatrix Medallion. The one I knew I would take a loooooong time to finish yet started anyone thanks to quilty friend peer pressure (looking at you, C).
QUILTS FOR BABIES
1. A quilt for my new nephew.
2. A quilt for my husband's cousin's baby.
3. A quilt for my friend's little boy.
1. A quilt for AB, one of two kids in a group of friends who don't have a quilt from me.
2. A quilt for AM, the last of the kids to get a quilt.
4. Aunt Sheila's 65th Birthday quilt. I have the pull done and the pattern picked, now I have a year and a bit to get it done on time!
5. A quilt to honour my much-missed friend who died in March 2015. I've sewn so much for her- two baby quilts, two "big boy" quilts, plus trips fabric shopping with her for her home for new pillows and nursery fabrics- that my whole sewing room (and particularly my scraps) reminds me of her. So I gathered up fabrics that are connected to her and I want to make a wall hanging with the pieces. I know the pattern I want to use already.
I am going to stick with those goals. There are a lot of them already in this list and I doubt I will get to them all (just as I didn't achieve too many on the last list). My prediction? Aviatrix Medallion won't be done. Otherwise I think I have a decent shot!
What is your #1 quilty goal this year?