Wednesday 13 September 2017

WIP Wednesday: Back to School is Cramping My Style

I am back to work (as a teacher I have July and August off so I have more sewing time) and it has meant a real slow down in progress.

Here is what I am working on:
1. I have my Christmas Tree quilt top finished. I need to piece the backing and then baste and quilt it.

2. My #QBTravellingquilt exchange is set for September 16 which is also the first meeting of the West End Modern Quilt Guild- my first ever guild! It is brand new. I will let you know how it goes! I have a round this time with my friend C's quilt. I will only show you a sneak peek until she sees it in person.
Cutting through an Ex Libris panel is PAINFUL.

Marlowe does a good job keeping an eye on things.
3. I also basted my Snail Along Quilt (named Molasses) and have it ready to quilt when the opportunity next turns up.

4.  In addition I have been working away on both a quilt and a pillow for a new baby arriving in November to a very close friend. (The new baby's big sister is my goddaughter). This pattern from 3rd Story Workshop will be turned into a pillow for baby's nursery. Isn't it precious?

Now if only I didn't have to do things like feed my children or do all my school work!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, good luck with back to school. Don't get sick! My hubs always got the sniffles in September from those wretched germy little monsters.

    All your quilts look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love your work, what is the pattern name on the log cabin quilt that Marlowe is resting on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new guild. Looking forward to seeing all your snails together. Andrea (3rd Story Workshop) is in my guild, and she creates fabulous patterns.

    ReplyDelete