Friday 16 March 2018

Kitties: A Finished Quilt

A former co-worker recently had a baby boy. When I asked about the colours of his nursery she let me know that she was keeping the same colours her daughter had, teal and grey. The daughter received Meow Mix from me when she was born, and so I jumped on making another teal and grey kitty quilt (they love cats at their house!)

I also had the perfect fabric on hand- a fat eighth bundle of Sarah Watt's line Cat Lady she did for Cotton + Steel. 

I used some Alison Glass feathers and some other neutrals from my stash to even out the colours, and I love this pattern for baby quilts. I think this might be my sixth (?) quilt using this pattern. 

I love this cat twisted to lick himself. So typically cat.

The back is a bunch of a Cat Lady print I had in my stash plus some other leftover bits. Love using up little pieces on the back!!
I will be sending this to the parents (and a gift for big sister too!) and I hope they find it charming. 

Hooking up with Finish It Up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. That is a great pattern for a baby quilt. What is the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baby quilt, I love the cat theme and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky baby!! He is going to have the cutest quilt around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great finish. It's a great pattern. I've used it twice.

    ReplyDelete