Wednesday 1 May 2019

Some Stuff I Made

I made some things. So I am just capturing them here for the record.

I made this lined drawstring bag for the WEMGQ exchange of shoe bags. It is Jenni Baker's Lined Drawstring Bag pattern in project size since when I tested it seemed to fit a pair of shoes well.

I made some Sister blocks for the WEMQG block lotto using the Kona colour of the year, Splash. Cute, right? It matched so well with this Elizabeth Hartman print.
 I  made a couple of minis for the program I did with a guild mate, Carol, about mini quilts and mini piecing. 



 I made another project-sized lined drawstring bag to hold a birthday gift for my daughter's friend who turned 11. There is a squishy pink ladybug stuffed animal inside. :)

 I made a bunch of bunny bags to fill with some Easter candy for some loved little people. I do NOT recommend the pattern which is poorly written and which I ended up modifying quilt significantly, but I DO like the outcome. So cute, right?



I made a drawstring bag for Erinoak Kids as a community project for my guild. The instructions are absolutely terrible but once I figured them out, this bag came together in no time. (Sorry for the horrible picture of the end result).

 And, sorry for another horrible picture, but I made a recorder case out of sloth fabric for my older daughter who wanted something more appealing than the standard Yamaha case. Apparently all her friends are jealous. :)

I made 49 faceless dolls to give to a student at my school who is trying to collect 4000 of them by mid-May to represent the 4000 Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls here in Canada. It is a national tragedy and source of shame and if you are not familiar with it you should learn more.

If you wish to contribute some dolls they need to be here by May 15. See my Instagram for more details (@lynnfilliter)
 I also made a sleeping bag for our friend's son who LOVES stuffed animals. My daughter picked out Petunia (the platypus) and then I made this custom sleeping bag for her:
 Petunia's sleeping bag resulted in my daughters requesting sleeping bags for their own stuffies. So I told them they could each pick one animal and I would make a sleeping bag using fabric of her choice.

Here is Tulip in her giraffe and yellow stars sleeping bag:

 Here is Koala in her Harry Potter/Elizabeth Hartman sleeping bag:
So I have been working away and keeping all of these images on Instagram but it feels nice to use my blog to also have an account of these makes. Which one is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. What a phenomenal round up of projects! Yay you for making all of these things - isn't that the best feeling?

    ReplyDelete