I find it helpful to set specific, measurable goals for my sewing accomplishments. This includes new skills I want to try, specific quilts or projects I want to make or finish, and quilts that have not yet been started for which I do not yet have fabric or patterns necessarily chosen.
I do NOT like having unfinished projects. I am a finisher! So I definitely want to get some things done.
Here is what I am aiming for in 2020:
1) Complete my Summer Sampler 2019 (that's the green and white and grey quilt) for my uncle.
2) Complete my Book Quilt for another uncle.
3) Participate in the Paper Chain BOM. I still don't even have fabric chosen for this one! I better get on it!
4) Finish up my Doctor Who BOM that I made all the blocks for in 2019. I need to throw on a border to make it bigger but that shouldn't be too complicated.
5) Finish my Atomic Starburst in Alison Glass Christmas fabric (Pattern by Violet Craft) Now that I have a wool pressing mat (my favourite Christmas gift this year) I think I can really knock this one out.
6) I have a cushion to make for my mom. The measurements she initially gave me were wrong and I've never made a cushion with piping before so I've sort of avoided starting.
7) My mom also wants me to recover her dining room chairs. I will get to them. I think.
8) Sew together bags for my daughter's teachers. They both got quilts last year and she has the same teachers this year so I don't want to do another quilt.
9) A quilt for my older daughter's teacher.
10) I want to finish the two baby quilts I put together using the blocks from the West End Modern Quilt Guild 2019 BOM.
11)A sew together bag for my sister-in-law for her 40th birthday.
12) I am participating in a QAL with some quilty friends. We have called it Quilting with My Gnomies and we are making Norm and Nanette by Elizabeth Hartman. I have the gnomes all prepped and need to make three gnomes a month (there are 18 gnomes total).
13) IF there is a Summer Sampler 2020 then I will participate. I love the skills I learn by signing up for them.
That is it for the "must" list and at the moment I am so in the weeds with work that I can't seem to dream about my next big project!
Here's to hoping in December 2020 I can reflect on a 13/13 completion!
Good luck with your goals. I have Gnomes pattern and want to give it a try this year.ReplyDelete