Wednesday 19 February 2014

Classy Baby Quilt?

A work friend is expecting her first baby, a little boy, this coming April. When I asked her for a theme or colour scheme idea for a quilt she said either camouflage or animals (her husband is in the military). I have no camo in my stash (nor do I ever intend to have any) and so I decided on animals.

Initially, I had in mind a quilt I cut and started ages back in August. It features adorable Ann Kelle fabrics. But once I had the first round of blocks made it just didn't seem appropriate for this particular woman. She is a classy sort, and the bright colours and playful fabrics didn't strike me as her style. So I went into my stash, pulled an inspiration fabric (the top left animal print) and then went from there. Here is the pull for this quilt:

All fabrics are from my stash. There is some Bonnie and Camille Happy Go Lucky, two Lotta Jansdotter prints, some AG and some others that I have no idea where they came from. 

The two solids in this quilt (not counting the Kona White that will be the background) are Olive and Cayenne. Classy red and green to go with the inspiration fabrics.

I chose a simple pattern- a Luxe in Bloom free pattern from Quilt Dad- and I already have the squares cut and am working on all the HSTs. I hope this classy quilt is more to her taste. I am loving it already!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment