Saturday 30 August 2014

When You're Itching for a Finish

I have been working on my grey quilts for what feels like forever. And I have been itching for something to be finished. I need to make quilts for twins due in November and recently discovered they are boy/girl twins. I took some time to play with fabric (my favourite part) from my stash and pulled out some fun ones. Like this fabric:
A Michael Miller Dot print that is so unusual I wasn't sure how I'd ever use it.
And I cut into the first of my Cotton and Steel basic bundle. Eeeeee! This line in so amazing and the selvedge, oh the selvedge!
LOVE.
This is the layout for the little boy quilt. Simple patchwork and crib sized. Aqua, teal, brown and green, inspired by those Ann Kelle monkeys. 
Do you also spy some Riley Blake Quatrefoil? 
The colour scheme is very unconventional but I am loving it all together.

And I've had a colour scheme of mint and navy stuck in my head. So out came the navy from my stash and some mints, mostly from Cotton and Steel.
Loving how these look together.
And I put together this lay out with them (the colour isn't so fab thanks to a sun setting behind me):
Also unconventional and I totally love it. This will be for the little girl twin.
Those will be super easy to piece and finish. If only I wasn't being called by the 32 HSTs that need pressing and trimming for Border 1 of my Aviatrix Medallion...
Calling my name.
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Love that you made the twins' quilt similar but not the same! I might have a thing about that right now. And I completely agree on the Cotton & Steel selvedges. So good. I suspect you and I might have very similar stashes, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete