Saturday 23 November 2013

Good Intentions, Zero Progress

After my machine ground to a halt the other day, I have been trying to get back into a sewing groove. I tried cleaning out the machine, oiling it, changing the needle, etc. Nothing has worked. My machine is, hopefully, visiting a doctor this week. 

In the meantime I pressed and cut the material for the binding for the twins' quilts:
These are the left over crossword prints from both quilts, reversed for the binding on each twin's quilt.
And I pulled out the stack of fabric that was supposed to be turned into a quilt for my husband's stepmother's mother (we call her Nana) with the plans to make her a quilt for Christmas. I have since come to the realization that there is NO WAY I am finishing any quilts before Christmas with the exception, I hope, of one for my own baby. So I think she will get this next Christmas.

Most of these fabrics were pulled from Fat Quarter Shop Blogger Bundles. Red isn't my favourite, but I think Nana will love a red and white quilt.
And I cut the fabric (the pattern half at least) for a quilt for my own baby from Indian Summer. I need to cut the Kona White next.

How adorable are these fabrics?
I consulted my sewing friends C and A about where to take my machine for servicing, and in the meantime wonderful, generous C has offered to lend me her old, starter machine so I can still be sewing while I wait for mine to be fixed. How awesome is she???

And we have a shop hop (my last for a while, I'm guessing) planned for next Saturday. I can't wait!

Wish my sewing machine a speedy recovery!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment