Saturday 15 February 2014

Gifts Made With Love

Though I can quilt, I am not a knitter nor can I crochet. I also can't do any garment sewing and have never tried booties. So when my quilty friend A knew I was expecting, she offered to make me something I can't make myself. The gifts are so incredibly beautiful, made with with love and out of my own skill zone that they are even more special.

One gift was an owl hat. I got to choose the main colour (shockingly, I chose turquoise). Here is a picture of Emma in her hat.

Here is Emma in her owl hat, made by my friend A. I got to pick what the main colour of the owl was and, of course, I chose turquoise.
Another thing A made is crib shoes. She makes these so well...they are carefully finished and actually stay on baby's feet! (Moms will know that most baby shoes don't stay on). She made me a 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 month pair and they are too cute! A is going to open an Etsy store to sell these eventually, and I'll be sure to blog a link to her shop when it opens!


Squirrel crib shoes. I chose this fabric while we were on our last shop hop. I love the fussy cut orange squirrels. These are the 0-3 month size.


These are the 3-6 month size. I also chose this fabric (and even bought a fat quarter of it for myself). Again, the fussy cut bunnies are what make it so awesome!


A picked this fabric for these 6-12 month size. I love it! Foxes? Who couldn't love them?


Here are all three pairs together.


The hat in action on the way to school. She was toasty warm.
Gifts made with love are the best kind of gift, especially when the maker is thoughtful enough to give you colour and fabric choices (and thinks carefully about which fabric to use when she chose). What is super awesome is that A is also knitting a beautiful sweater for Emma for a 12 month size and I went and bought the wool yesterday in a gorgeous deep teal. It is going to be awesome!

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. This is a really thoughtful post - I'm very touched!

    ReplyDelete