|Check out #heartsforchristchurch on Instagram to see more.|
First I made a layout with almost all of the blocks:
But the lime greens were standing out too much for my liking plus this was NOT the size they requested (6x7). So I pulled out the lime blocks, made the quilt the size they requested and checked for balance:
Before sewing it all together and taking a quick photo. Then it got shipped to New Zealand. (Thanks to Susan for the extra financial support for the cost of shipping!) All of this happened in about a week which is pretty amazing.
I also made a roll of binding from some Bonnie and Camille green fabric I had in my stash because I imagine it will be MUCH needed as they assemble these quilts.
I wish our community never had incidents like this that requires us to come together, and I wish we didn't have to say EVERYONE should be safe, EVERYONE should be able to worship without worry, and EVERYONE is important. But it does make me happy when I can see our guild, 20 hours by plane away, pulling together some hearts made with love to give a bit of comfort to some people who need a reminder of the love they shouldn't ever doubt is there.