Sunday 29 July 2012

Hobby Horse 30th Anniversary Sale

In June, The Hobby Horse had an anniversary to celebrate 30 years in the business. This store, located about 30 minutes from my home, has beautiful quality fabrics and the employees are so helpful. Ask Gail about her children and grandchildren- she has a ton of them and they are super successful, interesting people!


The sale ran from June 4-10 and I almost (gasp!) forgot. Fortunately my mother reminded me on June 9. I got my butt up there the next day for the sale!


These are the goodies I scooped up at 30% off:

The bottom two are flannelette. I already used the brown alphabet fabric as the backing for my Teddy Bear Picnic quilt. The turquoise birds I am hoarding until I have my own baby to sew for!


I have cut some of the polka dot fabric into two inch strips for my Rainbow Flip quilt (tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew), and the others are safely in my stash, ready for another project at some point. The white on white pattern is being used in my Sweet Baby quilt. It is nice to see that I'm using what I've bought! (And yet, somehow, on Friday my sweet husband bought me more fabric from Pink Chalk Fabrics after he saw me loading up my online shopping cart and then sighing wistfully. So much for my fabric diet, especially since next week is my birthday and I am heading to Greenwood Quiltery to SHOP!).


Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment