Monday 23 July 2012

Kona Solids Club

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop in Toronto has a Kona Club that intrigued me. I visited their site again and again and then caved in, subscribing to their Kona Club. It provides me with 4 fat quarters of different Kona Solids each month for just $10.99 (shipping included!).

Each month's package of fat quarters is accompanied by an inspiration photograph. Here is June's:

From left to right: Tomato, White, Sour Apple and Cream.
And I did not like these colours. In fact, I was a bit disappointed that this was my first Kona Club delivery. Once I thought about it, however, the tomato, sour apple and white all work with my rainbow hoard of fat quarters, and I'm sure I'll need a bit of cream eventually. Right?

Now here is my July delivery:

It was like Sew Sisters heard my disappointment and sent a bundle designed with my colour preferences in mind! From left to right they are: Forest, Stone, Olive and Cadet. I LOVE the Cadet colour particularly, and the Forest is a little green for me, but this Kona delivery delighted me.

I sat down to put them away on my new fabric shelf (I have such a wonderful husband) and wanted to label them so I wouldn't forget which colour was which in case I have to order them in the future. There was a fabulous surprise for me when I unfolded one:
They are all already labelled! Sew Sisters are geniuses! 

Now, back to that Dessert Pow Wow quilt. I have a lot of pressing to do!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment