Tuesday 7 January 2014

Quilt for Baby

I want to make a quilt for my soon-to-be-born daughter. I've wanted to do so for awhile but other quilts got in the way. Plus my broken machine and all that. I actually pulled out three bundles for quilts for baby, plus one wall hanging, plus having goals for a changing pad cover and crib sheets, but...

Well, those things didn't happen. I did finally feel energetic enough and have my oldest daughter out of the house long enough (thanks to my awesome hubby) to get some serious sewing done for baby's first quilt. I am using a pattern from Simple Simon and Indian Summer prints from Art Gallery Fabrics and I love the unconventional navy, turquoise and grey colour palette. Here is a very rough idea of the layout (with no sashing yet).
I love the serene colour scheme. Not exactly typical baby girl, now is it?
And with more energy and a wee bit of time the next day I even got the rows sewed and the sashing and borders cut. Hooray! It feels amazing to actually accomplish something. No quilt even close made me feel terribly unprepared for baby (even though everything else is in place).
All cut and ready to go!
With a few more hours, I can finish the top and make the backing (which is a simple single fabric from this line since my hubby hates pieced backings). Maybe she'll actually have a quilt before she's a month old! Fingers crossed!

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's going to be a pretty and kind of serene quilt! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete