Thursday 23 August 2012

HST QAL: August Block and Blocks-to-Date

I have been participating in my first quilt along following Jeni and her HST blocks over at In Color Order.
I only came across the QAL a few weeks ago and have been happily learning and catching up. Sunday I got to work on my final block which will have me up-to-date, my August block.

I picked my fabrics (all from Outfoxed by Lizzy House) and got to work.
Here is what Jeni's block looks like:
And here is what my finished August block looks like:

Also, since I am now caught up, I thought I would lay out all the blocks to see them together.
I am finding that I am really noticing the pale pink square in the pinwheel block, and I have to remember to use that fabric in my September block so it is not alone in this quilt. It is a pretty vibrant, fun quilt, and I think my daughter will love it. I also think there are several blocks I would definitely make again. This HST QAL has been fun!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment