Friday 23 May 2014

May Kona Solids

My Sew Sisters Kona Fat Quarter club arrived! 
Inspiration photo

From left to right: Peach, Punch, Kale, Willow
I love the greens...very emerald in flavour. The deeper Willow is pretty delicious. The Punch looks great with the greens, I have to admit. 

To be clear, I really don't like peach. In this case, however, I really actually needed peach for a quilt I'm starting soon, so I was thrilled this was included. Now I need just one fat quarter of Kona Mango and I'll be set. That darn Mango is totally elusive. The only place I've been able to find it is Fat Quarter Shop and their shipping costs are crazy expensive. My go-to Sew Sisters doesn't have it. Neither does Fabric Spot which has zillions of solids. Grrrrrrr. I must find some! Thoughts?

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Mad About Patchwork has it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine arrived today as well... lovin' their picks for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wipgirl you are my hero!!! I have ordered the Mango and can dive in when it arrives! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to seeing your quilt as you go along! I like the pattern a lot, but I just know I'll crap out two or three borders in, so I'm saving myself and my sewing room storage space the extra WIP.

      Delete