Wednesday 17 October 2012

WIP Wednesday: October 17

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
It is WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, and it made me get my buns in gear to post updates on my WIPs!
The binding is on my mother's Garden Trellis quilt, a surprise for Christmas. I will now hand bind the back while watching TV over the next week or so.

The border is on my friend's son's Seuss quilt. I opted for the black and white text and I love it. I plan to make the backing this week.

For now the charm squares of Road Trip for a baby due in February to friends of ours is back in a stack. I think I am definitely going to cut a white strip to frame the squares before adding the navy metro fabric.

The thread is purchased for the Christmas gift exchange quilt. I need a speciality quilting store for the teal I wanted, so I am going to make due with brown on top and bottoms. I'm hoping it turns out well and I don't regret the decision.

The Christmas exchange quilt it all basted and rolled up, ready to be quilted.
And those are my WIPs for this Wednesday!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on. the Sues quilt looks terrific! I really like that border too! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I guess I should have looked at this post before poting on your earlier Dr. Seuss post! I like that you added the border! And you know what is funny? I have that exact same fabric that is on top of your charm stack! It is going on a denim rag picnic quilt that I am making :)

    ReplyDelete