Tuesday 2 October 2012

Simply Colour is Simply Delicious

October 2. Day 2 of my fabric fast.  I have not bought any fabric. I have perused some fabric sites, but that seems like flirting with temptation. Maybe I should stop?

I did get the best kind of mail. Fabric delivery! This was ordered mid-September (the 13th, to be precise) so it doesn't count as cheating.

My delivery was a layer cake of V& Co.'s new line for Moda, Simply Colour. I ordered it from Fat Quarter Shop who has never disappointed me (but can be a tad expensive).  I am beyond delighted with the fabrics. Beware a picture-heavy post! (And I am trying some advice from Bijou Lovely about improving the quality of pictures in a post by making them giant. I'll see how it goes!*)
*Update: The published blog makes these pictures so large they infringe on the side columns. Back to medium!








This is an ikat print close-up. Isn't it lovely? Not usually my thing!


These chevrons make me deliriously happy.


The grey colour way is so gorgeous. I love how these look together.






Aren't these purples as scrumptious as grape jelly? That is what they remind me of, at least.
I am particularly drawn to the ikat fabric which shocks me because I usually hate ikat. And I looooooooooooooove the chevrons. I am thinking maybe I could use all the colours in the ikat at the balance to my eye spy HST future project. Would that be too busy, maybe? Perhaps I should just stick with white? Also I am debating if this collection looks better together or broken up. The beauty of these patterns is that they can all work as stash basics. Simply Colour was worth the wait. Love it!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment