Thursday 15 November 2012

Iris Spring

I have to be honest. The Guest Curator contest over at Sew Lux Fabric had me playing with virtual fabric bundles and creating mosaics for much more time than I thought was possible. The truth is, this is a fun way to try out fabric combinations!

I had to make one more (the contest allows two entries). My second entry uses a delicious green and purple colour combination that makes me think of beautiful irises and the spring time. Perhaps I am getting a bit wistful for spring weather now that winter has hit?

Here is my bundle, Iris Spring (instead of Irish Spring, get it?): 
Fabric selections:
First row, left to right: Flea Market Fancy Eyelet Green, Bella Solids Ivory, Cuzco Citadel Orchid
Second row, left to right: Bella Solids Purple, Moda Crossweave in Apple
Third row, left to right: Half Moon Modern Ovals Lime, Simply Colour Dotted Zig Zag in Eggplant, Kate Spain's Good Fortune Lantern Flower Reflection

I love purple and green together, don't you?

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment