Sunday 18 November 2012

Too Busy for Blogging?

After an insanely busy week at work, with an even more insane week this coming week I have been using my spare time to actually quilt rather than blog about quilting. I guess if one has to go, I better get the actual work done!

I wanted to give an update on what I have been working on, but first I wanted to say that First Snow was given to my dear friend at her birthday celebration Saturday night and she absolutely loves it. It was the first quilt I ever pieced and I am so glad it is in a home where it will be cherished.

I discovered that a pregnant friend, whom I thought was due in February, is actually due in January. Oh, and her baby shower is mid-December. Ack! I need to get that baby quilt done pronto!


There is always a helpful feline around while I am trying to work. I need an actual board on the wall!
I have since repositioned some of the stripes, but the above gives you a taste of the quilt. I am backing it is lime green and white flannelette. They don't know the sex of the baby, so this was my take on gender neutral!

Other updates include:

  • Stockings- my sister's stocking is 99% done (just needs a loop) and my brother-in-law's is about 60% done. The others (my grandmother, mother, husband and me) have not even been started, though I did press some fabric for my grandmother's.
  • Vintage Modern Quilt- I decided (in my craziness) to try to finish this for my mother-in-law's birthday December 17. I'm an idiot. And I have lots of sewing to do.
Here's hoping a crazy work week will still allow some sewing time!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased your quilt gift was appreciated. That's good news. Good luck with your baby quilt and stockings.

    ReplyDelete