Monday 20 May 2013

A Lovely Day for Fabric Shopping

I got to enjoy a gorgeous spring Saturday with two quilty friends, C & A, as we did a little fabric shopping spree in some nearby towns. We went to Greenwood Quiltery (always a favourite stop) and Quilter's Nine Patch (A place I have only been to once before but have been delighted with their selection both times now). We also hit Triangle Sewing because I wanted something very specific.

Here are some pictures of the goodies I picked up:

Greenwood haul: A remnant to use as a backing (how cute is it?) and three fat quarters. Two of the washi tape fabric (in both colour ways) and another of the Camp Sur bears. I used my last one up on my Plus quilt and I was sad to see it go. I want to make something for myself with it!

These delightful 1/2 meter cuts I think are great starting points for a baby quilt.

A nice bit of yardage of this adorable bear fabric, destined to be a backing.

I picked up these two fat quarters and a 1/4m of this new Tula Pink fabric which I love.

This is the thread I picked up from Triangle Sewing. Four spools of Aurafil which I have been dying to try but never managed to find. Also I picked up two spools of white Mettler thread because it is so smooth with my machine.
Here are some shots from the shopping experience itself:

Adorable farm fabric at Greenwood. C says I am making too many baby quilts and it has ruined my taste.
This organic fabric with elephants and spots was hard to resist. I wanted some of everything.

This quilt was on display made with Comma by Zen Chic. I have a similar pattern in one of my quilting books (Quilting Modern maybe?) and this made me want to make one!

We found view finders at one tiny store. View finders! This store did not have a single bolt of modern fabric. C challenged me to pick just one if I was forced and it was an impossible task.

This Denyse Schmidt tumbler quilt in Shelburne Falls caught my eye at Quilter's Nine Patch. I don't really like any of this line individually, but this quilt is quite striking (plus I love tumblers).

I was loving this alligator at Quilter's Nine Patch.

These oranges and greens in car fabric (not sure of the line?) were super cute and not the typical colour use for a baby quilt, which I like.

This quilt was also on display and I think I have a pattern like this somewhere too. It is inspiring to see other quilts.
I also got to enjoy lunch with these ladies, and a fun chapstick and twine run (who hasn't?).

It was a super fun day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment