Sunday 17 February 2013

Patchwork in Purple


My current quilting project is a simple patchwork for a friend from work who is expecting her first baby, a little girl, in April. I started out thinking that I would make wonky star blocks for this quilt, but since the majority of the quilt is made from scraps I didn't have the right sizes to do the blocks. The mom-to-be told me she is planning on purple for her nursery, so I wanted a purple quilt. And since I had quite a bit of Lizzy House's Outfoxed leftover from my Foxy Blocks quilt, I decided to use it in this quilt (I LOVE this line and wish I had yards more of the fox print...it is impossible to find anywhere anymore!). I also added some Kona Eggplant and two prints from my stash to round out the purple patchwork.



Now I'm stuck on what to do for the back. I have several larger scraps left that I could use to make a scrappy back, but I am wondering if something more solid would be better. At the same time, I don't really have the patience to order something (I think I would order some Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets in Lavender) so I am going to peruse my stash, play with the scraps, and see how it goes. I may end up ordering the Pearl Bracelets, but I'm not giving in yet!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment