Sunday 11 August 2013

Baby Needs a Sleeping Bag

While playing house with my four-year-old, she was lamenting that her doll has no sleeping bag. I promptly pulled out my bins of scraps and let her choose the fabrics she thought should go on the sleeping bag. And, with no plan, I quickly sewed up a sleeping bag.

I only enclosed one of the seams at the top and wish I had done both, and I didn't line the sleeping bag (it is just batting on the inside) but she likes it and baby fits perfectly, so I count this as a win! (Plus I got to practice some random piecing and play with some FMQ).

The pieces ready to be FMQed:
Quite the interesting choice of scraps, don't you think?

Back of sleeping bag.

Front of sleeping bag.
Sometimes a little fabric play is a nice break from all the careful pressing and piecing using a pattern.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment