Sunday 25 August 2013

One is Fun: A Finished Quilt

My sweet, energetic, adorable nephew turned one this month and I decided to see if I could fit in a quick quilt. I made him one for when he was born (my very first quilt I quilted, actually) but now, a year later, I think he needs a new one.

His mom oooooed and awwed over the Tumbling Jungle quilt I made for our neighbours and so I decided to do another quick charm pack tumbler quilt using more Tim and Beck fabric.

Here is One is Fun:
Bright and colourful.

The tumbler is so easy with my Missouri Star Quilt Company template and a couple of charm packs. Some Kona Tomato on the edges and you have One is Fun!

The prints are soooo cute. Tim and Beck really design great fabric.

A little FMQ in Aurafil grey on the borders.

A colourful binding (leftover from my Dr.Seuss quilt).

Cheerful Dr.Seuss fabric, from my stash, as the backing. I normally piece the backing but I was trying to get this in quickly!
I think a tumbler quilt with charm packs should be my go-to "I-need-a-baby-quilt-super-fast" pattern because this came together in no time flat!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment