Tuesday 26 February 2013

I Wish My LQS Sold Time

Today is only Tuesday of an insanely busy week in which I expect I will have no time to sew. This is compounded by the fact that this past weekend was also insanely busy so I had time to sew then, either. I'm counting down to March Break and, hopefully, some long sewing sessions!

Today my Sew Sisters Kona Solids Fat Quarter of the Month club came. 

This was the inspiration photo:
I am not usually one for pink (okay, I'm pretty much never for pink) but I like some of these pinks. 

Top to bottom: Candy Pink, Bright Pink, Pomegranate and Rich Red

If I were to be choosing one pink on which to base a quilt it would have to be the lush pomegranate colour. It is in your face pink without burning your retinas and yet it is not girly baby pink which makes me want to throw up. 

I have an ever-growing love of solids, partially due to this club!

Here's to some time to sew...anyone have some to spare?

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. You and me? Kindred spirits I think!

    I got mine last nite and immediately thought to myself that the bold pomegranite was the best of the bunch too!

    Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd push you out of the way to get to the cash register first, if our LQS sold time! A great looking bunch of fabric too. I'm looking for a solids quilt in your future.

    ReplyDelete