Monday 4 February 2013

Sugar Block Club February Block: Regrets

I am participating in the Sugar Block Club hosted by Amy Gibson at Stitchery Dickory Dock.
I tackled some Foundation Paper Piecing for the first time. It is not for me. At least not now, with my skill set. It was frustrating and fiddly and WOW it wastes tons of fabric.

My block is...okay. When I started the Club I knew I wanted to incorporate some text fabric into every block. Since there were only three fabrics for February's block, I decided to use the newsprint fabric I used in my January block as my background fabric for this one instead of white. I think I regret it. It is too busy with the other two patterns, and I wasted so much text fabric, and I think it would have popped the orange and green better if there was white background. Oh dear.
Also, my points are sort of awful. Now, I do not at this time plan to redo it. I think what I will do is wait until I do some more blocks and if this one remains the one block I don't like, I'll go back and redo it months from now when my distaste for paper piecing has faded. In the meantime I will have to say "It'll do."

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. HI, I like the fabrics you chose to do this block. It was very tricky for me!! I used my seam ripper quite a few times. Then I used glue, head over to my blog, I added detailed pictures showing how I got it right in the end...

    ReplyDelete