Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Zipper in Time

I am using Camille Roskelley's Zipper quilt pattern to make my father-in-law a quilt for his 60th birthday. It is using a jelly roll of Reunion and a whole lot of Kona Ash.

I did the layout on my living room floor the other night (excuse the poor lighting in these pics since I had to lay it out while my daughter was sleeping and also had numerous cat-running-over-the-quilt incidents so I couldn't wait for daylight). The quilt is much bigger than I thought and I LOVE how it is looking!

A Zipper in Time! (ignore the mess on the table to the left)
 I was really surprised when my husband (who supports my quilting whole-heartedly but doesn't truly "get" quilts) said that he loves it. He said he is actually a little jealous it is heading to his dad instead of staying at our house. A quilt my husband wants to keep?? Wow! I guess I called it well when I thought this would work for a more masculine quilt!
I now have a giant stack (two stacks, actually) of pieces to sew into the rows. It is a bit finicky.
Now I have to sew, sew, sew so I have time to quilt this beast before the big party in August!

Lynn

1 comment: