Tuesday 30 July 2013

Instagram Update: A Little Something Different

I have been working away on my father-in-law's birthday present for about a week. I now have the top pieced and trimmed and pressed, and the back pieced (just need to press and baste, today, hopefully).

I was starting to get a little delirious, though, and knew to take a break one evening when I did this:
Oops. I don't think 19 is supposed to go with 16. This was one loooooooong seam to rip out.
After the top was finished I decided to work on something a bit different. Here are some Instagram shots to give you an idea what else I've been up to:

I used the very last bit of my Echo by Lotta Jansdotter in my favourite colour to make the binding for a baby quilt (my Plus quilt) that has been sitting waiting for binding.
It does make pretty binding, don't you think?
It was a visual and mental relief to be working on something other than my Zipper in Time quilt!

This is a sneak peek of a secret project that I'm making for an event in August. You'll see pictures after it is safe to reveal!
I also got a good long stretch of time (with energy, for once!) to tidy up my basement including my fabric storage. I resorted and refolded some of my stash and introduced a new bin.

These are all my non-FQ, non-yardage, non-scrap fabrics. They make me so happy!
I picked up a new bin for my solids as the Sew Sisters FQs were taking over my FQ shelving unit.. The pile on the bottom right of this picture are the solids left from my Pink Chalk Solids 1/2 yard bundle bought for me at Christmas that haven't already been spoken for. The top right is bigger pieces of solids that aren't FQ or yardage.
I am now getting on my sewing machine to get more done. I love being productive and (fingers crossed!) I think I might actually finish A Zipper in Time in time for the party!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment