Tuesday 22 January 2013

Bouncing Bunnies: A Finished Quilt

The due date for our friends' new bundle of joy, a third little boy, is rapidly approaching. I made this baby the quilt Things That Go and I love it. The problem was the mommy-to-be loves bunnies. And so when I found the perfect "boy" bunny fabric (Ric Rac Bunnies in blue) I ordered it immediately. I tried originally to combine it with Peak Hour fabrics for Things That Go and it just didn't work. So I did what any insane quilter would do and made a second quilt for this new baby! I chose a variety of Kona greys (Steel, Iron, Coal) and I experimented with HSTs. I also used some Metro Living circles which I think really gives the quilt life and movement (in addition to all those bouncing bunnies, of course).

Here are photos of the finished quilt, Bouncing Bunnies:

Front of Bouncing Bunnies

Front of Bouncing Bunnies
Back of Bouncing Bunnies


I hope the parents love both quilts, and that Baby L gets lots of cuddle and play time on both quilts!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

3 comments:

  1. The colors look good together. They have a calm, peaceful feel. I like that in a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt looks lovely. Great to read about your choices and thoughts when making it. Love the back, too.
    A great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilt! I really like the colors and the way you placed the different values. It looks more complex than half square triangles.

    -Bobbi
    amid.this.moment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete