Thursday 24 January 2013

Giraffe Love: A Finished Quilt

A dear friend from work, R, is expecting a baby at the beginning of February. This is her second little boy in two years, so she will be one busy mom! She is a very modern mom who likes bold, crisp colours and patterns. She attended the baby shower for a mutual friend, the mom who received Baby's Birdies from me as a gift. My friend R commented on how much she loved the modern fabric and particularly the Modern Quilts fabric I used for the binding. I used the same binding for her quilt!

The fabric is from Michael Miller's Giraffe Love line of fabric. I really wanted some of the snakeskin-like pattern for the back, but opted for a grey grid fabric instead (honestly, because my LQS didn't have any more Giraffe Love, which I bought back in July). I think this quilt is visually striking and I think the mom will love the dark grey and citron colour scheme.

Here is the finished quilt, Giraffe Love:







What this third finish means, however, is that I have had a very productive January! Three quilts this month equals a fat pile of finished quilts:


It is a bit of a shame that in January, taking pictures of the finished quilts isn't as lovely since we have cold, wet, snowy and grey weather. A super sunny day on a field of snow would be nice, but the timing sure didn't work out! Here's hoping my new few finishes have a nicer backdrop!

Lynn (aka Buttons)
Linking up to Finish it up Friday @crazymomquilts

5 comments:

  1. I love the Giraffe quilt. It's a strong but lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt. I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. How sweet to make for your co-worker. Three quilts in a month. Wow you inspire. If I could finish one in a month I could be proud! Thanks for sharing. Oh I came by from the Crazy Mama linky.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color choice. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete