Friday 11 January 2013

Sugar Block Club: January Block


I finally got to cutting into my stack of fabrics for my first Sugar Block Club block. Have you checked it out?

 I was nervous about the quilting math (and I had to be extra careful with the cutting). Now that the block is done I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I can't say the same for the flying geese. Remind me to never make a whole quilt of them. Mine didn't turn out all that well, and there were some imperfect point matches:

Overall, however, this block looks awesome without scrutiny and I learned some things (holla out to scant 1/4" seams!). I'm glad I'm challenging myself with the BOM and I can't wait until February to tackle the next one!.

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's super cute. I always try to get some imperfect point matches. It will give life to your quilt. Have a happy week of sewing!

    ReplyDelete