Saturday 12 January 2013

Giraffes and Foxes

Two more WIPs are shaping up to get finished by the end of January. The first is Giraffe Love, a baby quilt destined for a little boy due at the beginning of February. I made the binding and have attached it with the machine on one side. Now it just needs hand sewing.


Does the binding fabric look familiar? It is from the Quilt Blocks line of fabric by Ellen Luckett Baker for Moda. This particular print is Grey Hexagon Dots and I used it for Baby's Birdies and also for Bouncing Bunnies. The expectant mom for this baby saw Baby's Birdies and expressed how much she liked the binding fabric, so I decided to go with it! It is fabulous as a binding pattern. I think three is enough, though, and there won't be any more quilts with this fabric for binding coming from me!



I used a wavy stitch and my walking foot to do the quilting in white on the sashing on Giraffe Love. I think it looks great, particularly where the quilting crosses over itself.



I did a free hand zigzag stitch with my free motion foot in the dark grey border. 

I also have been working on the HST QAL blocks that will be come a quilt for my daughter. I pieced the rows:

And I made the sashing for between the rows. I just need to assemble the top, and buy  the border fabric. I think this finish may end up in February instead of January.


Sashing fabric for HST QAL quilt top
And now I am itching to start the quilt I am making with the La Dee Da Bluebird fabric. I can see how people end up with 10+ UFOs. I don't think I will get that bad (at least not any time soon) but I do seem to have a lot of WIPs right now...

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment