Thursday 3 January 2013

Busy Sewing

I have been hard at work (and having a blast) sewing and quilting in the wee days of 2013.

Bobbin winding


Always lies ON the quilt while I am trying to sew
I managed to get my Things That Go quilt finished! Here is a peek at the free motion:

And I did diagonal straight-line quilting using my walking foot through the squares in the middle:

I even finished hand sewing the binding last night! I LOVE this quilt and I can't wait to share it with Baby L who is expected February 9th. I also still have to finish his Bouncing Bunnies quilt before his arrival!

In addition, I checked the Fat Quarter Shop's Daily Deals every day for the two weeks leading up to Christmas and on one of those days I could not resist ordering some fabric. It arrived this week!

From top to bottom: Free Spirit Designer Solids Grape (my daughter loves purple), Fresh Cut Cotton Olive Groovy Yardage, Flea Market Fancy Grey Eyelet Yardage and Chicopee Lime Dotted Leaf Yardage

FQ bundle of Bluebird's Song La Dee Da for Free Spirit Fabrics
The fat quarter bundle is for a special little girl, and I will make her the quilt with it in February. I do need some solids to compliment the patterns, though, so I am waiting for my Kona Solids Colour Card to arrive (thanks to my wonderful husband). The prices on these fabrics was too good to resist and I am thrilled with the purchase!

I'm also checking my mailbox every day for my Christmas present to arrive. I can't wait to show you!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. Love your things that go quilt especially the free hand quilting. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete