Wednesday 9 January 2013

Progress on Bouncing Bunnies

I continue to sew and quilt up a storm.

Bouncing Bunnies is now quilted using all straight line quilting with my walking foot. I also have the binding stitched on and I just need to hand stitch it on the back.

Giraffe Love is basted and I hope to get quilting on it soon. Right now it is sitting on my sewing table (aka my dining room table) waiting for me to jump in with the quilting. I have a dark grey Mettler 50wt for the squares and I will use white on the sashing...I think. I'm still not sure on that one.

I also have a delicious stack of fat quarters picked for my Sugar Block Club. The bulk of the bundle is a blogger bundle compiled by Red Pepper Quilts for Pink Castle Fabrics.


I am nervous about some of the measurements in this Sugar Block Club's first block (a bunch of 7/8 measurements which, for this math-challenged and Canadian [metric] girl is making me anxious) but I am also eager to start cutting and piecing! 

Wish me luck!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Quilt math is the worst - I like my 1/4 and 1/2 inch marks but one tip I learned at a workshop was to put it to the full mark and back it out by 1/8 and that helped a bit. Lovely stack of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stack is so yummy. And sometimes quilt math makes my head ache! I can't imagine the strain of conversions!!!

    ReplyDelete