Wednesday 30 January 2013

WIP Wednesday: A Delay in Progress

After a very productive first two weeks of January, my second two weeks have NOT been very productive.

I did baste my daughter's Fox HST QAL quilt:




And I made the backing for Bluebird's Song:

I also went shopping at The Hobby Horse, my LQS and ordered a ton of Kona White during their white and beige sale, as well as picking up a kit:

Flannelette baby quilt kit...yummy!
And some BIWI fabric (Because I Want It):

Ombre dots! LOVE!
I also pulled out the thread I am going to use to quilt my HST QAL Fox quilt (I really need a new name for that one). It is a variegated purple thread. I can't wait to see how it looks! I think I am going to do straight-ish line quilting on the horizontal. Fingers crossed!

I am dying to cut into this stack of fabric pulled from my stash to start a baby quilt for a friend's sister who just had a little girl last week, but I am telling myself I need to finish the other two first. Or at least quilt the one. We'll see if my resolve lasts.

Lynn (aka Buttons)

Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely assortment of projects! I would have trouble deciding which to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Fox HST quilt! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That HST QAL quilt looks really fantastic. The variegated thread will be great with it. (I love variegated thread for quilting.) Are you using the chair print for the backing? That'll be fun too.

    ReplyDelete