Monday 7 January 2013

Farewell Christmas

I was supposed to make six new stockings for my family for Christmas. I made three. And one I finished after Christmas, so I don't think it really counts. Here they are:
Brother-in-law's stocking
Sister's stocking

Grandma's stocking

Close up of Grandma's stocking
I am showing you because I am packing away the Christmas-themed fabric. I don't have the heart to work on Christmas stuff for now, so I'll have to pull the stuff out next October and get the other three done!

Speaking of Christmas, my brother-in-law's girlfriend (and soon-to-be fiancee if I had to guess) had me in the gift exchange this year and she did a wonderful job with quilty things. She bought me Mettler thread (in white and grey), a quilt magazine and gift certificates to Greenwood Quiltery, my favourite LQS. I got to go shopping there on Thursday while my mother watched my daughter and I had a blast! Here is a mosaic of my purchases:
Do you notice the Camp Sur in there? I love it. And the pirate sharks. And the pearl bracelets...

I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled with the grey Pearl Bracelets and have already used some on the back of Bouncing Bunnies. 

Also on a Christmas note (to wrap everything up, pardon the pun), I made Decadence this past fall for the Christmas gift exchange at my mother-in-law's house. I was soooo worried that it would not be appreciated, or that it would go to someone who hates quilts. No need to worry! My husband's cousin, whom I adore, ended up with the quilt and she loves it. Despite being a young woman, she has a thing for quilts. She confessed that she has a quilt rack in her bedroom that holds just one quilt- one that her grandmother made her of her father's baby clothes years and years ago. She was going to pay someone she knows to make her a quilt. And now she has my chocolate and teal beauty to add to her rack! I am so happy someone who loves it took it home!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. Love the stockings. It will be lovely next October when you get them out again. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete