Saturday 19 January 2013

HST QAL Quilt Top and La Dee Da Prep

I have pieced together the centre of my HST QAL quilt top (destined for my daughter) including the 2" squares that were making me nervous (that is small!). I think it turned out great! I then ordered a metre of Kona Eggplant (chosen carefully using my Kona Colour Card!) to make the borders. I hope to get this quilt done by the end of the month!


I also got to work cutting the strips for my La Dee Da Bluebird quilt. I am going to use a tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company to make the blocks. I'm so excited to see how it will turn out!

I also have found out that:
a) The sister of friends of ours just had a baby girl this morning! So I need to make her a quilt.
b) A work friend just found out she, too, is expecting a girl. She is thinking purple for her nursery. I'm thinking of ideas! (Baby is due in April).
c) My father-in-law's 60th Birthday Party is before his actual birthday (August) and I need to get going on the final details for his quilt!

So I have more things on my to-do list! I'm thrilled to say, however, that I also have finished three quilts this month (all baby quilts, so certainly faster, but still thrilling). Stay tuned for posts on Things That Go, Bouncing Bunnies and Giraffe Love!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment