So here is the revised 2013 list (when will I have enough time???):
(New items are in red)
- Superhero Flannelette quilt (I already have the kit!) for my friend's son, B
- A quilt for my grandma for her 89th birthday (she was super jealous of my mom's Christmas quilt!)
- Landscape Architexture Butterfly String quilt for my dad for his birthday
- A zipper quilt using Reunion for my father-in-law's 60th birthday in August
- A red and white quilt for my father-in-law's mother-in-law (trust me it makes sense if you knew the huge nature of my family) for Christmas
- A quilt for my daughter's junior kindergarten teacher for the end of the school year
- A wedding quilt, Comma Sutra, for two friends getting married this spring
New babies announced:
- Neighbours J & J are having a little boy (their fourth) due in April
- Life-long friends C & P (I was in their wedding in September) are due August
- Friends of 15 years J & R are having a boy in July
- Friends through my daughter, V & S are having a boy in July
And here is the kicker:
- Friends of 15 years (part of the same group as J&R above) are having TRIPLETS due in September. TRIPLETS, people! Now I have to decide if I do three totally different quilts or three quilts that are different but tied together by fabric or colour or something. Plus, I wonder the boy/girl combination?
Other 2013 Quilts/Projects To Make
- Box pouch with zipper (scary!)
HST quilt in all Kona solidsI have the fabric all picked out but since I want to keep this one it will have to wait
- Paper piecing (I wonder if I can find a class near me?)
- A Plus quilt I have decided to make the baby quilt for friends J&R a Plus quilt
- At least one quilt from
Sunday Morning QuiltsThe one I picked out was for me and will take ages. Maybe next year? and one from Quilting Modern I may make a baby quilt for C&P from this book. Squares and Strips quilt in orange and turquoise using the tutorial from Cluck Cluck SewNope. This one is for me. I'm out of luck. The bundle will have to sit a little longer.
- Tumbler quilt I am going to make our neighbour's baby quilt a Tumbler quilt.
- Something with my Lotta fabric I've put some Lotta into the baby quilt for J&R so that will have to do.
Being the age I am EVERYONE is having babies. Oh dear. No time to blog. Must get quilting!!
Lynn (aka Buttons)
P.S. Finally getting around to binding my red/green/pink/blue quilt for Baby M. Decided to go with scrappy binding. What do you think?