1. I finished my baby quilt with the pink/red/green/blue. I think I have decided to call it Spring Garden. I will take finished pictures this week and do a post. I love how it looks- very soft and delicate and feminine without the pink being "in your face."
2. I finished piecing, quilting and trimming Superhero Mashup. It is from a kit from my LQS and it is flannelette and soft and yummy. I did decide to add batting so it is thick and squishy and I hope the little boy getting it on his fifth birthday on the 22nd of April will love it. I just need to put on the binding (which is made and ready to go).
|Straight-line quilted (stitch in the ditch) and then did a squiggle on the thin red borders and some FMQ wiggly lines on the outer border.|
|Ready to add binding! I hate the red flannelette they used for the binding and small inner border. It leaves a lot of fluff behind and does not seem to be as high quality as the superhero fabric.|
|Left hand pile is rows 1-5 ready to go. On the right is row 6 which needs just a few more blocks. At the back is the last row, 7, which needs those white strips added to make the last row of blocks.|
This is quite a bit of progress considering I didn't end up having as much time as I wanted this week to sew. Once Comma Sutra is done I will get to piecing a baby quilt for our neighbours as their little boy will be the first one due in my massive influx of babies coming this spring and summer. I already know the pattern and have the fabric ready to go, so I hope it will be a fun and fairly quick quilt to piece.
Wish me luck, because I have lots of sewing to do before September!