Saturday 23 March 2013

Spring Garden: A Finished Quilt

I was able to finish Spring Garden, a baby quilt intended for my friend's sister who had her baby two months ago. I kept finding reasons to work on other projects, but now it is finally done and can head home! It would have been nice, given that it is now spring, to photograph this quilt in a nice garden. Alas it is still freezing temperatures with snow everywhere, so this Spring Garden photo shoot is taken on snow.
The main fabric line used is by Riley Blake- Love Birds by My Mind's Eye I think?

I  love the turned squares and the happy mix of fabrics.
The backing is mostly this fabric (I can't remember the name) 
FMQ squiggle on border 
There is a row made with the scraps on the back to add some whimsy.
Closer shot of scrappy row on back.
The binding is scrappy and I LOVE it. It is the first time I've done such a scrappy binding and I definitely will be doing it again.
So friendly, don't you think?
It is quilted very simply- stitch in the ditch on alternating rows each way (vertically and horizontally) and then a FMQ squiggle on the white border.

Spring Garden is on the way to baby M, and I hope they love it!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! And well worth the math headache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the turned pieces! I haven't done a scrappy binding before. You've inspired me to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright, happy quilt. I'm sure they are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete