Friday 8 March 2013

Purple Patchwork: A Finished Quilt

A lovely friend from work just gave birth (almost a month early!) to a little girl. A few months ago I asked some leading questions about nursery colour and she said "purple!" I don't think she has any idea I've made her daughter a quilt and I'm thrilled this last bit of my Lizzy House Outfoxed fabric (and a bunch of purples from my stash) are heading off to be loved by this family.

Here is Purple Patchwork:

This is my favourite block. There are several jaunty foxes and a whole purple triangle. I think it really captures how wonderful this fabric is. I'll be sad to say goodbye to this block. Also, this photo shows the "X" stitching I did in variegated purple thread.
The back is Pearl Bracelets in Lilac (another Lizzy House) and it is bound in Kona Kumquat (with a touch of Kona School Bus)

This shows the diagonal quilting.
Is there anything more rewarding as a quilter than making a quilt for a brand new baby? I hope the family loves it!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice quilt. Love Lizzy's fabrics. Your tile quilting looks nice also. When our first baby was born 30 years ago, we received 9 quilts. Most from my mother's friends. Now, I'm feeling that desire to do the same for my friend's first grand babies. I was so inspired by those quilts, and knew that someday I wanted to become a quilter. I want to do the same for these new young moms.

    ReplyDelete