Friday 15 March 2013

Sugar Block Club: March Block

I had a terrible time with the paper piecing for the February Block of the Sugar Block Club so I was so relieved when I saw there was no paper piecing needed in March! The flying geese still sort of sucked, but I like the way my block turned out. Interestingly, I learned my lesson from the February block about text prints. My original plan was to use my fat quarter bundle from Pink Castle Fabrics curated by Red Pepper Quilts (with a few chevrons and solids thrown in) and to use text fabric at least once in every block. I cut out the centre block for March in text and then put my cut squares on top of some Ann Kelle black and white chevrons. I change my mind instantly (something I wish I had done in February).

Here is the finished product!


I think it is fresh, fun and very Red Pepper Quilts (other than her points and such are always absolutely perfect).

Now I just need to work up the courage to redo that February block, equipped with tools from my quilty friend A. Maybe next month? ;)

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! And I kinda felt like, given enough time to think it over, you might go back at February. Bring it in and I'll show you how I matched my seams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out darling even if you didn't like paper piecing. Stopping by from Find a Friend Friday.

    ReplyDelete