Saturday 4 August 2012

Birthday Mail Delivery

About a week ago, my husband ordered some fabric for me from Pink Chalk Fabrics. I checked the mail every day since I got the confirmation email telling me that it had been shipped. They must have known Thursday was my birthday because it was waiting for me in my mailbox!


This was inside:
Pink Chalk's deliveries are always meticulously wrapped and come with an adorable post card with quilt dimension information on the reverse.


Here is the fabric I ordered:
From left to right: Bonnie and Camille Vintage Modern Houndstooth in Aqua, Creative Thursday Ric Rac Bunny Hop in Slate and Lizzy House Guising Pearl Bracelet in Chocolate
The houndstooth was meant to be for a future baby quilt for a friend, but I am pretty sure now that I see it that I am going to steal it for my rainbow strip quilt. The bunny fabric is for my expectant friend who is working on #3 because she is bunny crazy. If she has a boy I think I am going to do navy, slate, grey and orange, and if it is a girl I think I am going to do navy, slate, hot pink and light pink. We'll see!


The chocolate fabric was, honestly, an "I must have that" purchase, since it was on sale and delicious. The depth of the brown doesn't translate well in this picture, but it is rich and wonderful. I am putting it in the stash but I think it will need to come out soon to make something.


So, after shopping on my birthday and then receiving this order on my birthday, I was happily living in fabric heaven all birthday long! (Is there a support group for fabric addiction?)


Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment