Tuesday 7 August 2012

Mom's Quilt in Progress

I am working on a surprise quilt for my mom for Christmas. It involves a jelly roll and lots and lots of strip sewing. I sewed all the first pairs together and patiently pressed open the seams on each one. That is the "pressed" stack on the chair there, with the sewn-but-not-pressed strips hanging over the back of the chair.



I then paired all the pairs with other pairs. What a mouthful! I haven't started sewing them yet, though, because I had to get my Sweet Baby quilt done and I was playing with my HST QAL. Plus, I can't work on it or leave out any of the materials when my mom is coming (which she is, tomorrow).


Time might be against me with this one. I need to buckle down, especially since I plan to send this one out to be quilted. AND I have at least one more quilt for Christmas I need to make AND my mom picked out a pattern for a bag she wants me to make her (I'll post about that soon) for Christmas (I didn't want to spoil the surprise and tell her I was already making her a quilt!).


Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment